Parking Fines Schedule
All other parking offenses
(NOTE: All fines doubled if not paid within 20 days
Place ticket & fine in lock box at Police Office or
Trumansburg Village Hall
5 Elm Street
LOCAL PARKING LAWS:
LOCAL LAW 1-1994
ARTICLE VII. PARKING, STANDING AND STOPPING
Section 60. APPLICATION OF ARTICLE
The provisions of this article shall apply except when it is necessary to stop a vehicle to avoid conflict with other traffic or in compliance with the directions of a police officer or official traffic control device.
Section 61. PARALLEL PARKING
Except where angle parking is authorized, every vehicle stopped, standing or parked upon a highway where there are no adjacent curbs shall be so stopped, standing or parked parallel with the edge of the roadway headed in the direction of lawful traffic.
Section 62. ALL NIGHT PARKING
The parking of vehicles is hereby prohibited on East Main Street and West Main Street (State Route 96) within the corporate limits of the village between the hours of 2:00 a.m. and 6:00 a.m. during the period beginning November 1st of each year ending April 1st of the following year.
Section 63. PARKING PROHIBITED IN DESIGNATED LOCATIONS
A. The parking of vehicles in any of the following locations is hereby prohibited:
1. On the south side of Union Street from the southerly curb line of Cayuga Street to a point 115 feet northerly from the northerly curb line of Main Street .
2. On Whig Street from South Street to Truman Street during the period beginning November 1st of each year and ending April 1st of each year.
3. On the westerly side of Union Street between the most southerly corner of premises owned by the Trumansburg Home Telephone Company (Tax Parcel #2-5-6) and a point 23 feet northerly there from. This paragraph shall not apply to motor vehicles displaying handicapped license plates and/or a valid handicapped parking permit.
B. The standing of vehicles in any of the following locations is hereby prohibited:
1. Along any side of the triangular area formed by the intersections of Old Main Street , Washington Street and West Main Street .
2. On the north side of Main Street between a point 35 feet east of the radius of the easterly curb line of Union Street and a point 35 feet west of the radius of the westerly curb line of Union Street .
3. On the south side of Main Street between a point 110 feet east of the radius of the easterly curb line of South Street and a point 173 feet west of the radius of the westerly curb line of South Street .
4. On the south side of Main Street between the west curb line of Elm Street and a point 76 feet westerly of the west curb line of Elm Street .
5. On the north side of Main Street between a point 35 feet west of the radius of the westerly curb line of Washington Street .
6. On the south side of Main Street between the east curb line of Elm Street and a point 86 feet east of the east curb line of Elm Street .
C. Upon any public street situated in the Village no person shall stand or park a motor vehicle or any part thereof whether attended or not upon the paved portion of said street when it is practicable to stop, park or so leave such vehicle off said street. At any time a vehicle is parked alongside a street it shall be parked so as to allow free passage for two way traffic and to be in clear view of any on-coming traffic.
Section 64. PARKING TIME LIMITED IN DESIGNATED LOCATIONS
A. The parking of vehicles is hereby prohibited in any of the following locations for a period of longer than two hour between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 500 p.m., except on Sundays and holidays:
1. On the north and south sides of East and West Main Street from Number 55 East Main Street and Washington Street from Main Street to old fire lane (behind bank).
Section 65. TRUCK LOADING ZONES
A. Truck loading zones are hereby designated as follows, and the parking or standing of vehicles is hereby prohibited in any of the zones hereby established for a period of longer than fifteen (15) minutes between the hours of 11:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m., except on Sundays and holidays:
1. On the south side of East Main Street from a point 86 feet east of the east curb line of Elm Street and extending easterly for 25 feet;
2. On the south side of West Main Street from the fire hydrant in front of Number 9-11 West Main Street to a point easterly there from a distance of 37 feet.
Section 66. PARKING TIME LIMITED IN PUBLIC PARKING LOTS
A. The parking of vehicles in any public parking lot for a period longer than two hours (2) consecutive hours in the municipal parking lot and twelve hours (12) in the Village Office parking lot is hereby prohibited.
Section 67. PENALTY
A. A violation of any provision of this Article shall be punishable by a fine of ten ($10.00) dollars to be paid within twenty (20) calendar days. After twenty (20) days the fine will be twenty ($20.00) dollars.
ARTICLE IX. REMOVAL AND STORAGE OF VEHICLES
Section 71. AUTHORITY TO IMPOUND VEHICLES
A. When any vehicle is parked or abandoned on any highway within the village during a snow storm, flood, fire or other public emergency which affects that portion of the public highway which said vehicle is parked or abandoned, said vehicle may be removed by any police officer or any duly authorized fire officer.
B. When any vehicle is found unattended on any highway within this village where said vehicle constitutes an obstruction to traffic or to highway maintenance and snow clearance, said vehicle may be removed by any police officer.
C. When any vehicle is parked or abandoned on any highway within this village where stopping, standing or parking is prohibited, said vehicle may be removed by any police officer.
D. Police officers are hereby authorized to cause such vehicle to be removed under its own power, or by towing to a local garage or gasoline station.
Section 72. STORAGE AND CHARGES
A. After removal of any vehicle as provided in this article a police officer may store such vehicle in a suitable place at the expense of the owner. Such owner or person in charge of the vehicle may redeem the same upon payment to the police department of the amount of all expenses actually and necessarily incurred in effecting such removal.
Section 73. NOTICE OF REMOVAL
A. The police shall without delay ascertain to the extent possible, the owner of the vehicle, or the person having the same charge, and shall notify him of the removal and disposition of such vehicle, and of the amount which will be required to redeem same.
LOCAL LAW NO. 1 – 1981
A Local Law Authorizing the Removal of Abandoned Vehicles on Private Property
Be it enacted by the Board of Trustees of the Village of Trumansburg , County of Tompkins and State of New York , as follows:
1. The title of this Local Law is “Removal of Abandoned Vehicles on Private Property”.
2. A motor vehicle shall be deemed to be an abandoned vehicle if left unattended on property of another for more than one (1) hour without permission of the owner of the property or person in charge of such property.
3. Upon the written request of the property owner, or person in charge of such property, the Police shall, and are hereby authorized to, cause such vehicle to be removed to a local garage or gasoline station, or other suitable place for storage of the same.
4. The Police shall promptly ascertain to the extent possible, the owner of the vehicle or the operator who shall have abandoned it, and shall notify the owner or operator of the removal and disposition of the vehicle.
5. The owner or operator of the vehicle may redeem the same upon payment to the Police Department of the amount of all expenses actually and necessarily incurred in removal of the vehicle, and any storage charges.
6. Any vehicle so removed, and unredeemed for more than seven (7) days, shall be deemed an abandoned motor vehicle under Tompkins County Local Law No. 3 for 1973 and shall be disposed of as therein provided.
7. No person shall leave any motor vehicle unattended upon the property of another for more than one (1) hour, without their permission. A violation of this subdivision shall be punishable by a fine not exceeding $100.00.
8. This Local Law shall take effect immediately upon its adoption.